Thursday, December 3, 2009

Another Reason to WHY Kids in the Kitchen...

Tuesday's filming was such a great reminder to why I love to get kids in the kitchen! Not only is cooking over the holidays pure fun, it’s also pretty much pure sugar. So with the New Year episode I wanted to incorporate some healthier choices into our Price Chopper Kids Cooking Club menu even though we were cooking Super Bowl fun, which is like a holiday! When the boys came into the kitchen to prep for the shoot, one of the first things they asked was "What are we cooking?" When I told them about the three recipes at first they were a little skeptical...most kids are whenever you introduce something to them, which is why I'm all about experimenting, challenging and getting them into the creative process. They weren't certain, but they really enjoyed cooking and mixing it up and in the end not one nose turned up to what was served. They all admitted it wasn't something they thought they would like, but at the end of the day I got the response that I was looking for, two thumbs up for new tastes and new flavors and they didn't care one bit that they were eating healthier choices all the way through!


So, my point...get your kids in the kitchen and make them part of the process! It makes a BIG difference in what they will try over the long haul and of course, watch for more of my recipes to share!