Thursday, March 18, 2010

GREEN EGGS AND HAM...



Well, we don't celebrate with the typical St. Patrick's Day tradition of Corned Beef and Cabbage, but I try to incorporate a little green.  I had an entire plan to serve Green Eggs and Ham, but with a teenager and a tweenager in the house I forgot ...if it's in the frig, cupboards or pantry it's free game unless otherwise noted....

So, happily getting ready to prep dinner on a busy night I suddenly found that there was no ham to cooked! YIKES...NO HAM!  So, plan B went into action....I pulled out the eggs, the cheese (a miracle that was still available), red peppers, asparagus and whole wheat toast.  I became a short order cook and made omelets to order....

Yes, even asparagus made an appearance.  Believe it or not, my youngest will only eat asparagus with eggs and eggs with asparagus...so green was still a focus on St. Patrick's Day and Sam I am should have tried a little bit of green asparagus vs. food dye!