Monday, September 21, 2009

The Choco Monkey Crisis Resolved

Off to Price Chopper I went yesterday to grab my groceries with my little one & we were very excited to see the sign for the Price Chopper Kids Cooking Club along with a recipe card and information about how to register for the e-newsletter. Unfortunately the minute I looked at it I realized one key ingredient was left out of the recipe....yikes. The cards will be pulled and replaced, but in the meantime....here is the correct recipe.

Choco Monkey
By Jodie Fitz

1 Banana
1 Cup low fat/fat free Price Chopper milk
1 Container Price Chopper vanilla yogurt*
2 Cups ice
3 tsp. Price Chopper cocoa
1 tsp. Price Chopper pure vanilla
1 tsp. Price Chopper cinnamon
OPTIONAL: 2 T. Peanut butter

Peel and slice the banana; let little cooks use a plastic butter knife to be part of the process. Add all ingredients into a blender and mix. This is a great recipe for an after school snack or breakfast on the run with no added sugar.

Note to Parents: As a mother of three, I have found that naming some of the recipes have helped to encourage my kids to try different fruits and various foods introducing them to new tastes; “some recipes are thumbs up, some are thumbs down…but, you never know unless you try…”

*use a low fat and/or organic yogurt for a healthy choice.

As a mother of three, I have found that naming some of the recipes have helped to encourage my kids to try different fruits and various foods, introducing them to new tastes. Some recipes are thumbs up, some are thumbs down...but, you never know unless you try...