Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Taste Bud Test Continues...

So, having used my knowledge from my previous 'taste bud blog', I of course put it right to work reminding my kids why it's important to retry foods on a relatively regular basis. My daughter has been mostly a vanilla yogurt eating child because she hates what she calls "fruit skin" in her yogurt. So, today when I put blueberry yogurt in front of her at breakfast I expected to hear the typical response, "mom, I really don't like this," but instead I heard her little voice say, "Hell-o...Mom, its' been at least 10 days...." Low and behold the blueberry skin aversion is no longer....

Now, of course, I am a big proponent of trying different foods cooked and served differently, but sometimes as parents we have to use any and all tactics to keep re-introducing different foods. Taste buds will now be added to my list of excuses to accompany the reason I try and re-try recipes and foods, like squashes...

Thank you Jeanne for the taste bud discussion!