Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday Left Overs...

I cannot believe that I ventured out on BLACK FRIDAY!  I only went out to get a wreath for the holidays and let my kids do their holiday shopping.  The crowded parking lots and long lines reminded me why I am a Black Friday Avoider.  However, going out without my own agenda, focusing on what the kids wanted
to do and only going to two stores made for an entirely low pressure experience! 

Not only did I not have to cook the entire meal yesterday, because I went to my parents and got to come home with left over turkey, I also get today off from cooking.  Today, like most, it's all about the leftovers.  However, my crew is not a big left over loving bunch unless you disguise it.  So, now that I think about it, my one day of not cooking really did turn into cooking because I experimented and created a  Baked Cranberry Turkey Special!

9 inch pie crust
Turkey, cooked and diced
Whole cranberry sauce
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup orange juice

1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. 
2. In a saucepan combine the whole cranberry sauce, cinnamon and orange juice.  Heat the mixture on medium to low heat, stirring all of the ingredients together. 
3.  Spread 1/2 of cranberry mixture onto the pie crust leaving room around the edges. 
4.  Top the cranberry sauce with diced turkey. 
5.  Wrap up the sides and seal the edges all around.
6.  Place onto a non-stick baking dish.
7.  Bake for 35 minutes.  Until crust is golden brown.
8.  Slice and serve with the remaining cranberry sauce on top.

Thumbs up from our kitchen!