Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Edible Eyeball Snatcher

I was at an event on Friday making edible eyeballs with kids for Halloween. A gentleman visited my table and asked what I was doing & I explained and offered him an eye raising sweet treat, but he declined. A short while later I noticed him pacing back and forth behind my table, but didn't get a chance to give him much attention as I had a table full of treat makers at the moment. When I bent to my left to help a couple of children with their snack he suddenly reached in and snatched the sample I had made for everyone to follow. We all laughed and he seemed to go on about his way and I made another sample.


It wasn't long before he was back. He was now circling the table and his odd behavior had demanded the attention of people around. As I finished helping another little snack maker and an opening appeared at the front of the table he ran in and snatched the sample again sitting on my table. Everyone laughed again & I proceeded to make another sample for display. He came back one more time, I guess three was the magic number, and he snatched one final time.  He then ran out of the store as if he had stolen something and didn't want to get caught.

When I shared the story with my family they laughed and told me that it reminded them of the seagulls at the beach! I guess edible eyeballs at Halloween are a treat for all ages although they don't really have to be snatched to be eaten...