Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Veggie Tale...


I love conversations with the kids I meet when I am out and about cooking in the community.  Just the other day I was chatting away with a little girl and I thought I'd share our discussion as it matches one of my theories;

Little Girl:  I made vegetable soup!
Me:  That's great!  Did you like the taste of vegetables?
Little Girl:  Yes
Me:  Do you usually like vegetables
Little Girl: (hesitation) No, not really.
Me: So, why do you think you liked the vegetables in vegetable soup?
Little Girl:  (shrugs shoulders) I don't know?
Me:  I know....it's because you helped to make the vegetable soup.  Your fingers are magical and when they cook, they help to add extra special flavors.  So, I bet if you cook vegetables more often you'll like them!
Little Girl:    :)

I have found with my own kids that the more they help, the more they try.  And, the more they try, the more foods they find that they like including those infamous veggies!