Thursday, October 15, 2009

That Did Not Just Happen!!!

Okay, so I'm big enough to admit that my alert system is a little higher than the typical cold season. And, how can it not be with every news report on TV, in print & online updating me on the spread of the SWINE FLU. Not to mention, I've had one home sick this week and one of our local schools has announced that over 200 students were out sick for several consecutive days. As a busy, working mom of three, like any other parent, I have spent the week popping vitamin C, giving vitamin C to my kids, saline spraying myself, convincing and pleading with my kids that using saline spray really will prevent them from getting sick, drinking airborne and making airborne for my kids, popping multi-vitamins and serving multi-vitamins to my kids, walking around the house spraying Lysol where my 'sick one' visited and opening windows for a fresh air renewal in the house; oh, and yes...washing sheets in hot water! A little exhausting to say the least, but definitely doing my part to keep us all as healthy as possible. Did I mention the countless times I've said, "Honey, remember...sneeze/cough into your elbow. Now, go wash your hands!"



So, I'm standing in the apple section of the produce aisle selecting my apples for the Baked Apple Ring we are making for the November Webisode and what happens? A grown adult walks up to a section of apples, starts the selection process as I am and then SNEEZES all over the apples. Imagine me standing there watching this after what I've just written about my week! Yes, eyes bulging and mouth open, I'm in shock!

Moral of this story; WASH your PRODUCE as soon as you get home! Water is a powerful tool along with a little veggie/fruit spray....