Friday, October 23, 2009

You just don't know until you try....

Last week when I was at an event there was a boy, maybe 12, who kept passing by my table and he would look over with curiosity, but not stop. Every time he would pass and look at me I would say, "Hi there...would you like to come over and make one?" And, he would shake his head no. After the 5th or 6th time I finally said, "Okay, you have been passing by here to many times...now you have to stop and try one." He shrugged his shoulders, walked over to the table and asked, "So what are these anyway?" I of course said, "Mini yogurt flower pots." He looked at me rather oddly and simply proceeded to instruct him on how to put his together. He reluctantly followed along and then popped it into his mouth uncertain if he would like the mini yogurt flower pot or not. Thankfully, his eyes lit up with amazement that he actually liked it. In the end, he continued to pass by my table five or six more times, but this time he kept stopping back, made a snack, ate it and went on his way until he found another reason to come back to the table for more. As I always say, "some recipes are thumbs up, some are thumbs down, but you never know unless you try..." It's just one more reason to keep the kids mixing, stirring and trying new tastes.